computer repeatedly goes into sleep mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rifty

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016
this started happened after i had to restore my laptop to a few weeks back because i couldnt fix a start menu bug where it wouldnt open, (started happening recently) the laptop will occasionally start trying to go into sleep mode i think during games constantly, it will seem like it powered off (fans stop running and backlight on keys turn off) then it will start up again on my user login screen like i had asked it to to into sleep mode. what could be causing this issue? (i use a monitor most of the time so my laptop is closed usually, all my power settings are set to never turn off/sleep/hibernate etc)

It sounds like something in the settings is making it assume that you want it to sleep when it is closed, or the attached keyboard isn't being used.

1. Try going into "Control Panel" then "Power Options".
2. Here click on the "Change plan settings" link next to which ever plan you are currently using.
3. On this next screen click the "Change advanced power settings" link.
4. A new window will load. Click on each of the areas (+) to open their listings. Check for anything that is set to have it change to hibernate or sleep.
5. Once you have changed all the items necessary to not sleep/hibernate, click "Apply" and then "OK".
6. Close all the windows and see if the problem is gone.

rifty

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016

Hi, i checked my settings again and everything seems to be set to "never" in that tab. however the problem is still occuring, could it be that it may be trying to default back to my laptop monitor or something that could be causing the issue?

rifty

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016

Yeah, checked all the settings and they are as i left them before the restore. i've also noticed it seems my laptop is battling for which monitor it wants to place on sometimes, could that effect it in some way? (also how would i stop that problem)

Ben_777

Prominent
Mar 15, 2017
Hi!

I too have checked my settings again and everything is set to "never". However, the problem is still occurring many times an hour!

Strangely, when I left the room for over an hour last night it never shut off but this morning is has shut off over and over again.

Did you find an answer to your problem?

Thanks,

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.