Computer shutting down frequently

Nov 19, 2018
I have an HPG62 laptop. The problem is when the computer is in idle, temperature is around 65°C - 75°C, when the CPU is in full overload the temperature is still pretty much the same with two or three Celsius different. But the laptop unexpectedly shuts down around this constant temperature with no uniform time after the first boot.

But the weird thing is it doesn't display the Temperature warning message at boot after restarting.

Thermal paste is not the culprit I've tried changing it twice. The motherboard is also getting hot when the laptop is working. I've tried giving it to a local store, they've said they changed a problematic IC on motherboard. But the problem still exists

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02497777

Thank You.

Lutfij

Splendid
What OS are you working off of on that laptop? If you the repair store had to replace an IC on the motherboard, you should be looking at a new motherboard or better yet a new laptop. The temps you speak of are rather high and I'm wondering if there is dust/debris caught up in the cooling assembly/vents/fans.

ElectrO_90

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016
For me it sounds like cooling issue, which means fan. Maybe the fan is too weak.
If you know how to dismantle your machine, you could strip it and watch it work.
One way to check if its an air thing, you can get a hair dryer, stick it on blow maximum speed but turn the heat off (has to be one you can turn heat off) and put that right at the cpu blower and force air in and see it it cools down.

Nov 19, 2018

I removed vents myself and cleaned the dust

Nov 19, 2018

No I tried with a substitute fan, the problem still exists