Solved! Computer speakers with a sub

Nov 9, 2018
I have this little sub thing that came with some old computer speakers and it’s great. It has left and right speakers on the back and I have connected some nice big speakers and having the extra base is great. I want another speaker setup in a different place but I don’t have another sub thing. I can’t seem to find any or another way to connect a sub. All I want is some decentish bookshelf speakers on my desk (one left and one right) with a little sub under my desk for some extra base. How can I do this? Thanks

Solution
So you want a 2.1 setup, lots of them out there the Logitech THX certified models are good, Edifier is good, Klipsh ProMedia is good (I would get the older ones without Bluetooth).
Every time I hear "I just want" tells me it gotta be simple, cheap or no money, no hassle.

Well it depends, but experience tells me probably cheaper to buy a brand new 2.1 set. Adding a sub to existing 2.0 needs a particular sub that has built-in amplifier, that has low+high levels inputs depending whether existing are powered or not, that has gain knob, minimum. A PC-class like this usually come as a set, not stand-alone. Standard-along sub likes this we are talking real, at least come with an 8" driver, weight 25LB+.

TRENDING THREADS