Computer won't get past "Toshiba Leading Innovation" screen, I need help quick :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

AidanNeedsHelp

Commendable
Nov 8, 2016
My Toshiba Satellite C55-B5200 laptop just randomly just decided not to boot past the Toshiba logo screen today. I have no idea why. I've had this computer for about 4 months now and there shouldn't be anything wrong with it. The last thing I did on it was type up an essay on google docs as well as play a little while on Paladins Champions of the Realm, but I closed out of all the windows and waited about two minutes to shut down my computer. Now, today this is my only accessible pc to access and I can't finish my essay. Please help me.

Cheers

Rex_Za_Fox

Commendable
Oct 6, 2016
If you have access to another pc, you can try installing windows on a usb pen and then plug it into the pc... go into the bios and make the pc load from the usb pen.... once it boots up the OS on the pen there will be an option named... startup repair or something like that. That will probably solve that issue.

AidanNeedsHelp

Commendable
Nov 8, 2016

Hi Rex_Za_Fox,

Thank you for responding to me so quickly. Unfortunately, I do not currently have access to another computer, nor do I have access to a USB pen that has space to carry most of the stuff I already have on my computer (It has about 350GB open atm, from the last time I checked). For now, do you have any other suggestions?

Cheers

Rex_Za_Fox

Commendable
Oct 6, 2016

Okey, I found something that might help.

Turn on your computer and imidietly hold down the 0 key and then while still pressing down on the 0... push on the power button WITHOUT releasing the 0 key... keep holding it and after a few seconds it should show up with a screen.

From there you should be able to format your computer.

Good luck!

AidanNeedsHelp

Commendable
Nov 8, 2016

Hi again,
I'm a little confused about what you are telling me to do. I did what you told me to do a few times but you said to touch the power button in a pattern that the computer would just shut off in. If you want, I can just PM you and once we find a solution we can post it on this thread.

Cheers

Rex_Za_Fox

Commendable
Oct 6, 2016

Sorry for not being clear enough with my words.... the procedure is
1-->Hold down the 0 button
2-->Click the power button and keep holding down 0
3-->Wait and a screen with the option to format the pc back to it's original state should appear.

PM me if that doesn't work.

CrimsonKnights

Commendable
Nov 12, 2016
I had the same problem with my Toshiba Satellite this week, likely because of a Windows update that did not fully install. After tinkering with the BIOS settings for a bit, I made one change that got me past the "Leading Innovation" screen and that allowed for the updates to continue installing. Here are the steps I took:

-Make sure computer is completely off
-Turn on computer and IMMEDIATELY press F2 button repeatedly to enter the system BIOS (for info about BIOS, go to: http://www.pcworld.com/article/241032/how_to_enter_your_pcs_bios.html)
-Once in BIOS, navigate with arrow keys and press the "right" arrow to get to the "Security" tab
-Once in "Security" tab, navigate down using the "down" arrow and go to "Secure Boot"
-Press "Enter" to change the "Secure Boot" setting to "DISABLED"
-Once "Secure Boot" is set to "DISABLED," press F10 to "Save and Exit"
-Restart the computer and hope for the best

When I did this, the "leading innovation" page had a spinning wheel for the first time, then I got to the "Windows update installing" screen. Hope this works for you!

lucas_59

Commendable
Jan 5, 2017

jimmperry

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017
Going to Bios and selecting "secure boot" and disabling it worked for me. NICE!

a.thoreson18

Prominent
Oct 20, 2017
What if you do all of this, and the blue screen happens saying "it looks like windows didn't load correctly. You can restart and try again or click see advanced repair options. What do you do then??

quotemsg=19207574,0,2406843]Going to Bios and selecting "secure boot" and disabling it worked for me. NICE!

[/quotemsg]

vilcicogni22

Prominent
Dec 5, 2017
I had the same problem also with my Toshiba Satellite -C55-B
I dont know how to open my laptop i did the first idea which is hold the 0 button and the power button and theres a blue icon appears that i should push eaither NO or YES so i push the YES and then my screen went all black and Nothings happen and keep waiting until now what should i do?
Id better try the other option for pressing the F2 because i think its not working .
Please help need this for my report next day . Thank you

darryl.r.bishop

Prominent
Jan 17, 2018

Did you lose any of your saved files? I'm experiencing the same problem. How long before your computer went back to normal operations?

niyinet

Prominent
Jan 18, 2018

I just got my laptop bricked after a windows update and this worked for me. Thank you so much.

toomuchhotness24.7

Prominent
Feb 3, 2018

did this and my laptop screen turned blue and after a few minutes the laptop shut off.
When I powered it back on the same logo screen loop

May 11, 2018

Hi, I have the exact same problem from this last windows update, however i am unable to find secure boot in my security tab, or anywhere else in bios. What should I do?
Thanks for your time,

Status
Not open for further replies.