I am not sure but i might have virus or something, i try to run .exe files or antivirus scanners in normal windows 10 mode but it wont work. i tried running it on safe mode, which it did work but it said i didn't have any virus. i used. Malware bytes, Rkill, unhackme. Im not sure what type of virus this is but it is getting bad, there are no popups however, but the virus is also making me so that i cannot factory reset the computer, or i think the virus is making me but i am not sure. one i click the malwarebytes or rkill in normal mode it says that i do not have permission to access the file. If anyone could help me out that would be great
As for Virus / Malware Scanning , the free ones are pretty good if ya consider that they catch say 98% of the bad things out there, but that 2% means you are only susceptible to 250 bad things, To address the bad stuff concern, download and run a 30 day free trial of Kaspersky or BitDefender
For file permission issues, are you and administrator ? Can you run the file if you right click on it and select 'run as administrator" ?
Yes, I am an Administrator, and no, once i run malware-bytes as and Administrator it just freezes then it says you do not have the right permission to access- this is on normal windows 10, but if i run it in safe mode it works perfectly
and also, do i run kaspersky free on safe mode or normal cause when i ran kaspersky in safe mode it said "Error 1719 Windows installer service couild not be accessed verify that it is properly registered and enable or contact Technical Support"
in my experience with chasing down malicious virus damage... your best bet is to get your data off/ run Belarc for licenses and store it on a flash drive... then just do a new windows install. you can go running down trying to fix services and running registry fixes in the same amount of time as just doing a new install. you'll never really recover from a virus that runs around doing damaging things.
sure you have a virus?
verify your hard drive is not going out?
memory is not throwing errors?
1. The results using what ? Still using the free stuff or something that is known to catch 100% ? We want to avoid the free versions and use a full fledged subscription type with known ability to catch 100% in successive testing. use the full version of kaspersky internet suite which you can use for free for 30 days.
2. I have rec'd boxes that "wouldn't run right" using "free stuff' and that had 100s of infections. The record was 1200+ and sumthin and took me 4 hours ... last 4-5 had to be removed manually.
3. HDs come with software which if you don't have can be downloaded from manufacturer's web site, run to see health of HD.
4. Memory can be tested with memtest86+ but I have never seen this cause issues with permissions.
5. Have you tried right clicking the files and selecting run as admin ?
6. Have you checked permissions using methods described and above superuser link ?
Ok, so i did a clean install of Windows 10 and it went away everything was basically fixed i could open any file, I also bought an antivirus so that this hopefully will not happen again. I would Like to Thank everyone who has help me out. if someone could close this thread it would be much appreciated