Concept PMP Features Roll-Out Piano

Status
Not open for further replies.

theuerkorn

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
Looks really cool for entertainment on the go. Of course as "sliem" noted, the lack of tactile feedback basically renders it a beginner's toy. (Then again, that basically fits my bill.)

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
No tactile feedback? Can't be played well, end of story. And there is no sustaining pedal and variations in the strength at which a key is hit are also extremely hard to catch.

This is not a piano, this is basically a harpsichord (no variation in length and loudness of notes) with synthesized piano sound. How exciting...

purist

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
A harpsichord is a lovely instrument and whilst not as high-tech and modern as a piano still has many fine pieces written for it. I suppose I have to accept Silmarunya's final sarcasm but you can still make great music on a harpsichord. And being able to roll it up does give it the edge on portability compared to an upright.
/rant

ajkalan

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
It looks like it could have a place with composers "in the field," without ready access to a piano/keyboard, especially if it recorded directly to the player. The lack of feedback or pedal options isn't a big loss in a situation like that, where you need to record your musical idea quickly before it's forgotten. Obviously, it's a niche idea, but not one without merit.

Status
Not open for further replies.