Confused From Reviews, Please Recommend 2.1

fpga123

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
Hi, I want to buy a 2.1 system for my desktop and as I live in an apartment, I can't really shake the walls/floors without consequences. I want good speakers and more than anything else I want the woofer to not make tur tur sounds like my current ones Logitech Z323 do.

There is only Logitech in the $100-200 market in my country, thus I am limited to it. I have the following choices in my budget;
- Logitech Z553
- Logitech Z623

luketexas

Estimable
Sep 14, 2015
Hi. I currently own the Z623's and I can honestly say that without the low end bass from the sub, these speakers sound crap and are well over rated. The actual satellite speakers by themselves have too much high end with what sounds like scooped mids. Id look into getting a decent set of 2 channel speakers (without a sub) that have a good overall sound. The sub is obviously not necessary at all in your apartment.

sizzling

Distinguished
I managed to pick up some Bose Companion 5's for £140 from a retail outlet they have and they are just fantastic, blow anything of similar price I have heard out the water. Its not that they are loud, its the quality and detail throughout the range for such little speakers