Solved! Connect 2.1 audio system to Sony KDL50W800C TV via hdmi audio extractor.

Aurongo

Prominent
May 21, 2017
I have sony KDL50W800C TV with 3 HDMI, 1 HDMI(ARC) output, I bought siphon audio extractor which have HDMI input and RCA output. And I have 2.1 speaker system which has only analogue input.
I wish to know how can I connect this 2.1 speaker to my TV via HDMI audio extractor for getting surround sound.

Solution
There is almost nothing you can do since these conversions are done inside your TV. You should check with Sony whether there's software upgrade for your TV which will let sound from apps to be outputted to the ARC port.

And as @Robert600 has noted - you can't get surround sound (five channels) from RCA stereo output.

robert600

Distinguished

if I'm understanding you correctly, i don't believe you can get surround sound. Doesn't suround sound require a 5 or 5.1 system? 2.1 will only give you stereo (with a subwoofer).

Aurongo

Prominent
May 21, 2017
Thanks Robert for your reply. Then let me clear u fully.......

I have
1.sony smart android 3d tv, which has hdmi, hdmi arc, spdif, digital audio out port.
2. Set top box that has spdif digital, hdmi and rca port.
3. Siphon hdmi to hdmi converter that has spdif, hdmi out, rca L R, hdmi in arc.
4. 2.1 analogue soynd system
5. Hdmi, spdif, digital coaxial cable.

Now if I connect hdmi cable from my tv to siphon converter, then hdmi from siphon to set top box, and rca cable from siphon converter to analogue speaker, I get good sound quality from tv channel only. If I play youtube or internet movie from my tv I get no sound from sound system. I get only tv speaker sound which is normal sound not digital.

Now I want DTS sound from both my tv channel means set too box and tv youtube or interner movie from my tv.
How can I connect all these to get it.
I will be grateful if I get a solution....

There is almost nothing you can do since these conversions are done inside your TV. You should check with Sony whether there's software upgrade for your TV which will let sound from apps to be outputted to the ARC port.

And as @Robert600 has noted - you can't get surround sound (five channels) from RCA stereo output.

Solution