Connect an mp3 player to a STEREO

Pielam

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
Like most MP3 players, mine has only a Headphone Jack for output while my stereo has RCA jacks for input. As far as I know, these two types of jacks are not compatible or are they?

Last Sat. I acquired a cable that has a headphone plug on one end and a pair of RCA plugs on the other. I haven't used it yet for fear that I could mess-up either of these devices, but I'm so tempted.

Can someone confirm either way?

If the cable I have won't do, what can I use to play my MP3s on my stereo? (I just finished digitizing my entire old CD collection)

Pielam

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012

Yes, jaguarskx, that is exactly what I have. I didn't know, however, about the impedance issue between the two. Is this not an issue?

The sales person at Wal-Mart, where I bought the cable. tried to assure me that a cable with 2 headphone jacks connected to the headphone jack on my MP3 and the headphone jack on my stereo would work! I promptly explained that this couldn't possibly work, to which he gave me a puzzled look & then quickly dismissed my argument. So his credibility quickly plummeted to zero with me! :ange:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Audio 1
S860 Audio 1
R Audio 10
O Audio 1
T Audio 2
E Audio 1
R Audio 2
M Audio 1
C Audio 7
Q Audio 2
L Audio 2
R Audio 2
A Audio 2
J Audio 1
W Audio 1
B Audio 2
2 Audio 3
T Audio 2
V Audio 5
T Audio 2
Similar threads
Question We have an old 5.1 Surround Sound DVD Player with speaker wire connections which has died.
Question How to connect turntable to powered speakers
Solved! Connecting an old surround sound 5.1 system to a new dvd player
Is it bad if only connect one RCA input for an L/R input subwoofer ?
How do I connect my old analogue CD player to my HDMI receiver
Epson projector connected to Sony Blu Ray 4k player via HDMI and HDMI audio out to Sky Devialet Soundbox but no sound
How to connect 2 audio cassette players for recording
How to connect DVD player in Sony HT-RT3?
Connecting CD player without rca outputs to stereo receiver
my tv has sound but when I connect the dvd player no sound comes out
Connecting amp with ni HDMI port, DVD player with HDMI port, DSTV with HDMI port to TV and surround sound
I have sj5 sound bar, it possible to connect tv and dvd player to sound bar using 1 in 2 way out adapter
Can I connect a 7.2 amplifier (with 2 zones) to a 2.1 computer setup and 5.1 tv setup?
Is there an app that can connect a blue tooth record player to my blue tooth speakers
Connecting 2 pioneer 300 CD players
I have a Sony lbt d359 hifi system, I wanted to connect my DVD player so that I can play mp3 disks on it but the phono input
Connect mp3 player to home stereo tuner to record fm station?
How do I connect my Blu-ray player to my hdtv and my older stereo and amplifier
How to connect new CD/blue-ray player's digital-only output to older analog-only stereo rcvr?
connecting a sound bar to cable tv, dvd player and a stereo system...

ASK THE COMMUNITY