Connect Creative Speakers to Samsung T.V.

Nikki Wild

Estimable
Apr 14, 2014
I purchased a brand new Creative Inspire 6.1 surround sound for a computer at a yard sale. It's brand new. I would like to connect it to my Samsung T.V.. However, the problem starts with "no audio out" port on the T.V. I have a R.C.A. Tuner that I think I can use for it to go through. I had the T.V. going through my D.V.D. player but the problem then was when my domestic partner and I watched T.V. only we didn't get sound from the tuner. Only when we watch a movie is when the sound came from our speakers. Is there a way to connect the Creative system to our T.V. so we have better sound to it? If there are any solutions to this PLEEEEEZE do tell. He and I are sooooo frustrated because we keep getting different stuff. Thank you for any advice or solutions. Mark & Nikki.

Solution
I may not fully understand your setup but I think you want to send, rather pass-through, audio to your Creative speaker system from your television. A television that is being supplied audio from a......??

The rear of your Samsung TV likely has a 3.5mm Audio Out jack, just like a headphone jack. You can connect a cable from the TV "headphone" audio out jack to feed the computer a stereo, 2.0 audio signal, only Left & Right.

You can use computer speakers for home entertainment systems just fine without issue. They are your speakers and you can do whatever you desire. (Whatevah'...I do what I want!)

Normally you would not take audio from the television unless it's only receiving an over-the-air signal via the antenna. You would...
It's not going to work. It's made for a computer that has 6 separate outputs for each channel. TV's, DVD's, TV Tuners, etc, don't have those kind of outputs. They output surround via an optical system. Computer surround speakers are made for computers, not home entertainment systems.

jFiveNYC

Estimable
Mar 28, 2014
I may not fully understand your setup but I think you want to send, rather pass-through, audio to your Creative speaker system from your television. A television that is being supplied audio from a......??

The rear of your Samsung TV likely has a 3.5mm Audio Out jack, just like a headphone jack. You can connect a cable from the TV "headphone" audio out jack to feed the computer a stereo, 2.0 audio signal, only Left & Right.

You can use computer speakers for home entertainment systems just fine without issue. They are your speakers and you can do whatever you desire. (Whatevah'...I do what I want!)

Normally you would not take audio from the television unless it's only receiving an over-the-air signal via the antenna. You would normally take audio from the source and feed that into the sound system. If you would detail your entire setup with more information, then perhaps a proper solution could be given to you and your domestic partner.

Solution

Nikki Wild

Estimable
Apr 14, 2014

Okay we purchased a Samsung television from best buy. I picked up a surround like sound system (no receiver) with it, "sub woofer, and five little speakers". It itself is a Creator Inspire 6.1 system. It was not until I brought it home that it was pointed out to me that it is actually for a computer and not surround sound for a tv. Wow, so very wrong of me! Anyway our tv does not have audio out in the back. We did have our tv running through our d.v.d. and into our r.c.a. tuner/receiver but then there was sound only when watching a movie from the d.v.d player. I hope this is making sense to you because it is confusing me just trying to explain it!:pt1cable:

jFiveNYC

Estimable
Mar 28, 2014
Would you kindly supply the model numbers for the RCA receiver and Samsung TV, also the type of audio & video cables you are using to interconnect the devices?

Sorry to give you an assignment but it will allow for a more accurate response.

It doesn't really matter, the most that will work will L+R Look up the speakers, they have 3x3.5mm inputs, 1 for L+R, 1 for L+R rear and 1 for center+sub. There is no TV that will have those outputs, nor receiver for that matter. They are PC speakers made for connecting surround to a PC.

Nikki Wild

Estimable
Apr 14, 2014

jFiveNYC

Estimable
Mar 28, 2014
Are you using an over-the-air antenna to watch broadcast TV? If yes, then you'll need to invest in an external OTA tuner, like this: http://amzn.com/B00G5RXM16

Then split the audio several times. So i submit to you and the NY art academy, my finest work EVER!! You'll need some bits from here: http://tinyurl.com/q6nqp6c
61wnfOo.jpg

Is this the rear of your RCA receiver?
- http://www.diavlito.site90.com/web_images/foto-0019.jpg

Correct, which why on the 11th day God said unto Adam: Behold this audio Y-Splitter…for it shall allow Eve to watch soap operas using ye television and untouithly upon thyn wireless headphones. Yea-for Beware the Serpent; for he shall attempt to bequeath upon thy bosom an unnecessary component [Genesis 1:11 1/2] This is the word of the Lord.

jFiveNYC

Estimable
Mar 28, 2014

Whether or not it is ideal is completely irrelevant.

And if you followed the signal flow properly, you'd see that the SUB if being fed by a split in the LEFT signal, or maybe you forgot that Creative kit only has three inputs.

yes it has 3 inputs. 1 for l+r front, 1 for l+r rear and 1 for sub and center. Center and sub are mono signals and it comes from a discrete sub channel encoded in 5.1 media, not a split from the left. Don't know where you get that from...........

jFiveNYC

Estimable
Mar 28, 2014

I get that from the fact the OP is NOT delivering digital audio anywhere in the setup I described. Except maybe via HDMI to the TV but since that TV is stereo, it cannot produce a true surround sound image.

However you did mention something which was overlooked. The jacks are all 4 conductor for a four conductor pin. Because of this, my diagram is useless.

NIKKI: Disregard my last post. Does that amplifier in the RCA receiver work? Would you feel comfortable having the receiver power the cube speakers and just running one line of audio cable to the subwoofer?

The Creative kit features an amplifier built into the subwoofer box. By letting the RCA drive the cubes, you won't need to fool with a lot of cables.

Getochkn: You shouldn't be fooled as the sub channel is usually a low pass signal from the left channel, occasionally the sum of the left+right channel. There are other possibilities but that would all be determined how the audio has been mixed, NOT decoded.