Solved! Connect Dell Sub to Logitech Speakers w/o same connections

Dec 1, 2018
I have a pair of Logitec Z323 computer speakers, that came with a subwoofer, but the sub got a hole in it. Instead of buying another set of speakers, I bought another computer sub to use. (Dell A525). It has the same DB9 speaker connector that the speakers use, but not the left speaker (yellow plug) input needed for both speakers to work. I have very little idea about how computer speakers work, and I don't want to have the set go to waste. Is there anyway to connect the Dell Sub to the Logi speakers, either by soldering new parts, or ... ?

Solution
Maybe a way, issue is how. You will need to find the wiring diagrams for both sets, then wire up the Logitech speakers to match the way the Dell speakers are wired, and hopefully the controller portion is similar. You are going to be better off just tossing the system and getting a replacement. Craigslist is full of used speakers.
Maybe a way, issue is how. You will need to find the wiring diagrams for both sets, then wire up the Logitech speakers to match the way the Dell speakers are wired, and hopefully the controller portion is similar. You are going to be better off just tossing the system and getting a replacement. Craigslist is full of used speakers.

Solution
Unfortunately, having the same connector in this case doesn't mean anything. The only multi-channel connector you can rely on is HDMI, anything else assume they are proprietary and not able to interoperate between brands. If u lucky *somebody* on the Web reverse engineered these things and you are able to find the pin outs.