Connect Denon DRA-397 to HDMI devices

Jul 12, 2018
My speakers are hooked up, and working with the tuner, and this worked before. Recently I pulled the DVR and got a new Blu-ray player, and must have messed up. I have the Blu-ray HDMI and a Roku going into the TV via HDMI, and the TV audio out going to audio in to the receiver, no sound except via the tinny TV speakers. I’ve tried several audio ins, DVD/VDP and AUX. What am I doing wrong?

Solution
Since the receiver works with the radio the issue must be with the TV audio output or the cable connecting the TV to the receiver. Check the TV menu that the audio output is turned on and set for PCM. If you have an optical to analog converter make sure it's power cord is plugged into a working AC outlet. Try a different cable.
Since the receiver works with the radio the issue must be with the TV audio output or the cable connecting the TV to the receiver. Check the TV menu that the audio output is turned on and set for PCM. If you have an optical to analog converter make sure it's power cord is plugged into a working AC outlet. Try a different cable.

Solution
Jul 12, 2018