connect home theater DIN outlet to smart tv

gorwyn7074

Prominent
Nov 3, 2017
I have an old LG home theater which only has a DIN 9 input to the amp etc, how can i connect it to my Hisense smart TV?

Since there have never been any TVs to my knowledge with that type of connection I suspect that it was meant to connect the subwoofer, which has the amps and connections for all the speakers built in, to a main control unit. If that's the case you can't connect it to the TV or operate it without that main control unit.
If you have the control unit then the TV audio output would connect to that. Without the model numbers we can only guess exactly what HTS or TV connections you have.

gorwyn7074

Prominent
Nov 3, 2017
Thanks for your reply. The home theater is an LG model No LHS-75PA5A N78, the 9 pin DIN connection is on the Amp/subwoofer.along with the speaker connections.
The TV is a Hisense 50N6 which has HDMI, Headphone, USB, Digital audio out and RCA component in and hopefully, out.
Is there a way I can connect the DIN socket to any of the tv connections which will work?
Is it possible to rewire the DIN to suit any of the tv connections?
Thanks for your help.
gorwyn.

gorwyn7074

Prominent
Nov 3, 2017
I have realized that my Blue Ray disc player has a coaxial digital audio out, would this be any help in connection the din socket?
gorwyn

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Audio 4
S Audio 2
L Audio 1
ViGiI2 Audio 1
V Audio 1
K Audio 2
Z Audio 1
V Audio 6
T Audio 6
A Audio 1