Connect home theater to tv with non ARC HDMI

amozumder2012

Estimable
Sep 19, 2015
Hello,

I have a Samsung LED TV with no audio output. The TV has got a single standard HDMI (non ARC) input.

I am evaluating a sony HT-IV300 home theater system.

If I connect the output HDMI (ARC) from the HT to the LED TV HDMI IN (non ARC); I am wondering whether

1. I will be able to hear the sound through the HT and view the movie from the TV.

2. Also, would the sound also play from the TV and do I have to mute the TV.

Kindly help.

Solution
Hi,
I having same problem. my LG LCD TV with 2 audio output devices. i have to connect home theater 2.1 with 1 audio input pin, i'm using connector cable 2 audio out with 1 input im getting good sounding in home theater. but my problem is i con't mute audio while using home theater. Please help me.
Unless the TV and HTS both have ARC you cannot get sound from the TV to the HTS with an HDMI cable
If there are no audio outputs on the TV your only option is to connect the audio output of any sources (set top box, BD player etc) directly to the HTS. The video output would still connect to the TV directly. The tuner and smart functions of the TV will only produce audio from the TV speakers.
It is possible to modify the TV to add analog audio outs but it would void the warranty.

LINDFS

Estimable
Sep 29, 2015
Hi,
I having same problem. my LG LCD TV with 2 audio output devices. i have to connect home theater 2.1 with 1 audio input pin, i'm using connector cable 2 audio out with 1 input im getting good sounding in home theater. but my problem is i con't mute audio while using home theater. Please help me.

Solution