connect internal hard disc movie to LCD TV with hdmi port

Geoff Testpilot

Estimable
Jul 1, 2015
I have an old style tower computer with Windows 7. Just bought my 1st LCD TV, & want to play movies from my C: & F: drives on LCD TV with the HDMI cable I just hooked up. Right now, LCD TV shows computer's "Wallpaper". Can somebody please "throw me a bone ? " On Fix Ya, I have over 500 "assists" and I have very little skills, but some dumb ideas that seem to help a lot of others. So, what do you think ??
Geoff Testpilot

Solution
It will be treated as any other display connected to the pc. Being a tv makes no difference vs a monitor. If you have a monitor too as primary and are extended then that would explain why only the desktop shows. You just drag the window and fullscreen it and it should only show on the tv. Make sure the right sound device is selected for output. If it's the only display connected then treat it as you would a monitor.

k1114

Distinguished
It will be treated as any other display connected to the pc. Being a tv makes no difference vs a monitor. If you have a monitor too as primary and are extended then that would explain why only the desktop shows. You just drag the window and fullscreen it and it should only show on the tv. Make sure the right sound device is selected for output. If it's the only display connected then treat it as you would a monitor.

Solution