Connect lg tv with technics hifi

Sep 11, 2018
Hello I have an Lg47LB731V and a technics sound system ST-CA10. I want to connect the tv with speakers. I used an optical cable but I hear no sound. I used a headphone cable with red, white, yellow still nothing. I hear only with a cable to the headphones with red, white but the sound is really bad. Any solution if you can help me???

Solution
I can't check details about the Technics with that model number (seems to be a tuner). On many av receivers you have to assign a connection to an input in the input set up menu before you can access it. Check the Technics manual.
Does the Technics have an optical input?
If it does then did you turn the optical output on in the TV. You may also have to turn off the TV speakers and change the audio output type in the TV menu.
You should be able to connect the headphone output using a cable with a 3.5mm stereo plug at the TV end and two RCA plugs at the other end. Check the TV menu to see if you can set the output to line level. If not then you will need to turn the TV volume down enough so it doesn't overload the input of the Technics. That will cause nasty distortion regardless of the volume you play the Technics. Once you set the TV volume leave it alone and adjust the volume with the Technics.
Another option is to connect an optical to analog converter to the TV optical audio output.

Sep 11, 2018
Yes it has an optical input I ve used it as I wrote earlier. Yes I chose from the menu optical sound and the sound from tv automatically turn off but no sound from the speakers.