Connect Plantrontics Headset for VoIP, Dell Laptop

dcgall

Commendable
Jan 12, 2017
I would like to connect my Plantronics M155 to my Dell Laptop (Latitude E6440) running Win7 for use with Google Hangouts, Skype, etc. When I try to discover it as a Device, it never shows up. I know that I'm missing a specific driver but I can't figure out what. What I do have is the GENERIC BLUETOOTH ADAPTER and MICROSOFT BLUETOOTH ENUMERATOR. Thanks in advance

Solution
Not found.. hmm it is a US link so if you are outside the US that could be why. Well it is not uncommon for a device not to show there, at least not in the area you 'expect' it to show in. That happens a lot.

Try going to the http://www.plantronics.com site directly and then to their support area. Then search for "Marque M155/Marque 2 M165: How to Pair" or "How do I pair my M155/M165 headset with my cell phone or other device?" Or search something similar. This should get you to the instructions.

dcgall

Commendable
Jan 12, 2017

dcgall

Commendable
Jan 12, 2017
Thank you for the link, but unfortunately i didl not find an answer. The site only refers to plug in headsets or music-only head phones. I'm looking to use my audio/voice headset for internet calls.

dcgall

Commendable
Jan 12, 2017
It does have Bluetooth drivers. It not does have drivers for HSF or HSP - which I understand to be the drivers for VoIP. My laptop never discovers the headset.

The VoIP should just detect whatever is connected to the computer. The Bluetooth device connecting to the computer is what is needed first. Once your computer recognizes the device, and it works with other things on the computer, then you can set it up to work with the VoIP.

dcgall

Commendable
Jan 12, 2017

dcgall

Commendable
Jan 12, 2017
We'll, then that still leaves me with the problem that my computer does not recognize my device regardless of the drivers I have (drivers listed in my first post). My iPhone and iPad have no trouble finding the headset.

dcgall

Commendable
Jan 12, 2017

Not found.. hmm it is a US link so if you are outside the US that could be why. Well it is not uncommon for a device not to show there, at least not in the area you 'expect' it to show in. That happens a lot.

Try going to the http://www.plantronics.com site directly and then to their support area. Then search for "Marque M155/Marque 2 M165: How to Pair" or "How do I pair my M155/M165 headset with my cell phone or other device?" Or search something similar. This should get you to the instructions.

Solution