Connect Reliance Jio 4G Mobile with TP-Link TD-W8968 ADSL Wifi Router

ashishdesai24

Commendable
Jul 18, 2016
Hi There,
Greetings...!!!
In fact, I have already visited URL of this Forum = http://www.tomsguide.com/forum/id-3118032/wifi-router-range-extender-smartphone-hotspot.html
From there got the idea to get Connect Reliance Jio 4G Mobile with TP-Link TD-W8968 ADSL Wifi Router.
Can anybody suggest to get it done ?! The TP-Link Support Team is Denying that this functionality will NEVER Happen. Not even by upgrading the FirmWare as well. The Current Firmware Version is Ver.3.0
Please HELP.
Regards,
[Ashish Desai]
[don't post your phone# on a public forum]

kghoshatgmail

Prominent
Feb 12, 2017
I have had partial success in connecting the JioFi3 to my TP-Link TD-W8698 ADSL WiFi Router. These are the steps I followed:
Login to your TP Link Router.
1. Go to "Quick Setup", Select 'Wireless Router Mode'.
1a. In the next page, select 'IPOE', with 'Dynamic IP' and ''Obtain Automatically'.
1b. In the next page, 'Enable Wireless', with 'Network Authentication' as WPA-Personal.
Enter 'Network Name' as JioFi3_xxxx (use your JioFi3 ID), and 'Network Key' as your Jio Password.
1c. Confirm, Reboot, and login again.
2. Go to "Wireless"
2a. 'Enable Wireless', Enter 'SSID1' as JioFi3_xxxx, and 'Country' as India.
2b. Go to 'Security', select 'SSID' as JioFi3_xxxx, and 'Network Authentication' as WPA-Personal, Enter 'Wireless Network Key' as your Jip Password, and 'WPA Encryptio' as AES.
2c. Go to 'Advanced' and select Ch 5 (my Jio works on Channel 5).
2d. Go to 'Wireless Bridge', Select 'AP Mode' as Wireless Bridge, and 'Bridge Restricted' as Enabled (Scan). Now you should see your Jio under 'Select MA Address', select it, and save.
3. Go to "Advanced Setup" and disable DHCP server for both IPv4 and IPv6.
Reboot and re-login.

This is where I would appreciate help from someone. I expect connection to Internet, but does not happen.

Kunal Ghosh

ashishgk13

Estimable
Sep 11, 2014
This is probably a dumb solution but it works, I use it this way.

Connecting Jio's hotspot to your main wifi router is actually possible if you can spend another 1000 rupees on a TP-Link repeater.

You can then make the JIO hotspot as the host network for the repeater. And then connect the repeater to your main wifi router's input with a LAN cable.

This way all devices connected to your main router wirelessly or otherwise will have access to the internet.

May 23, 2018
If you have a JIO Sim card and want to connect it too a TP-LInk router do the following:

1. Open up the admin panel.
2. Head over to quick setup
3. Arrive at the Dial-up page and enter the following settings:
--> Profile Name: JIO -- Create
--> PDP Type : IPv4
--> APN Type: jionet
--> Username: (Leave empty)
--> Password: (Leave empty)
--> Authentication Type: None

Proceed setting up your Wifi settings and so on.
Restart the router.

Enjoy your JIO Internet!!

Jun 10, 2018

Does this work with all TP Link Routers bro?