Connect Samsung Smart tv with sound bar to Panasonic wireless headphones - 4 years old

Maggiewhite21

Estimable
Jan 30, 2015
I have a new Samsung smart tv, with sound bar, and some 3-4 year old panasonic wireless headphones that I don't think are Bluetooth.

the tv doesn't have audio out point, the sound bar just has an Aux point - I don't know what that is.

our old Panasonic tv had headphone point to plug the headphones into, the smart tv has nothing!!

Far too clever for me, and I just want to listen to tv and music with my headphones.

Any ideas anyone??

Solution
Without model numbers we can't check on the gear you need to connect.
The soundbar has an aux input. Doesn't help in this situation.
If the headphones are not bluetooth then you would need the matching transmitter that came with them. If you can find that you will need to split the optical audio output and connect one of the outputs to the soundbar and the other to an optical to analog converter which will connect to that transmitter (assuming that is doesn't have an optical input)..
Might be easier to just get bluetooth headphones if the TV has that built in. If you need to use both the soundbar and headphones at the same time that may be an issue. Check the owners manual. Maybe that's why the headphones, if they are bluetooth, won't...

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Maggiewhite21 : "I have a new Samsung smart tv, with sound bar, and some 3-4 year old panasonic wireless headphones that I don't think are blue"

Without model numbers we can't check on the gear you need to connect.
The soundbar has an aux input. Doesn't help in this situation.
If the headphones are not bluetooth then you would need the matching transmitter that came with them. If you can find that you will need to split the optical audio output and connect one of the outputs to the soundbar and the other to an optical to analog converter which will connect to that transmitter (assuming that is doesn't have an optical input)..
Might be easier to just get bluetooth headphones if the TV has that built in. If you need to use both the soundbar and headphones at the same time that may be an issue. Check the owners manual. Maybe that's why the headphones, if they are bluetooth, won't pair with the TV. Try it without the optical output turned on.

Solution

Maggiewhite21

Estimable
Jan 30, 2015

Thanks I'll probably get new Bluetooth headphones! I don't believe the headphones came with a transmitter - we actually have 2 sets of headphones - one for each of us.