Connect SMART TV with only HDMI output to AV Receiver with only RCA Inputs.

johnscholz

Estimable
Aug 18, 2015
I am buying a HDMI to RCA jack adapter on ebay that shows HDMI input and RCA output because I want to run the HDMI cable from the TV to the adapter and then RCA cables from the jacks to the stereo so I can get surround/stereo sound when I use the TV internet to download a video or something like that. Did I buy the right adapter direction wise. Some have RCA input and HDMI output but I think that's the opposite of what I need. Thanks. Below is the product name on EBAY.

Mini Composite 1080P HDMI to 3RCA Audio Video AV CVBS Adapter Converter For HDTV

Mini Composite 1080P HDMI to 3RCA Audio Video AV CVBS Adapter Converter For HDTV

Item price $13.95
Quantity 1
Item number 371354141012
Shipping service USPS First Class Package

Leave feedback

Solution
your tv has an hdmi output? most only have inputs - double check that.

normally the only way to get hdmi audio out of a tv is if it supports hdmi ARC - check that.

if you have only an input (as i'm suspecting) and if you have arc (you might) then you'd likely want a hdmi audio extractor with hdmi arc support.
your tv has an hdmi output? most only have inputs - double check that.

normally the only way to get hdmi audio out of a tv is if it supports hdmi ARC - check that.

if you have only an input (as i'm suspecting) and if you have arc (you might) then you'd likely want a hdmi audio extractor with hdmi arc support.

Solution

johnscholz

Estimable
Aug 18, 2015
Thank you. The vendor on ebay came back and told me it would not work so I cancelled the order. I'm going to find an digital to audio converter I hope at Fry's because as you suspect, my HDMI on my tv are input only. It needs to come out from the TV by way of a Digital audio or non-ditgital cable to RCA inputs.

sara_5

Estimable
Sep 3, 2015

Can you tell me what you bought and if it worked i am having the same problem i have a reciever with only RCA and my LG tv Says i can only use HDMI ARC cable to send sound out .... Thanks Sara