Connecting 5.1 speakers to a laptop

Marksimilijan

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016
Hello, I have a question regarding the connection of a 5.1 soundsystem to my laptop which has only one 3.5mm port.
Would it be possible to use an adapter to connect the 3 speaker inputs into one port, for the purpose I need them the surround sound isn't necessary, I would only need all of the speakers to work at the same time with the same strenght. Would that be achievable with a simple adapter?

Solution

Ok so that does not have digital inputs, nor does it have different sound modes in its amplifier. There is no way to get all 5...

Rogue Leader

Distinguished

Depends on your 5.1 sound system and if it has an all channel stereo mode. What is the exact brand and model.

Marksimilijan

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016

Speakers model is Trust Vigor 5.1 , it's on the cheaper side of the 5.1 speakers.

Rogue Leader

Distinguished

Ok so that does not have digital inputs, nor does it have different sound modes in its amplifier. There is no way to get all 5 channels to play, you can connect it to the Green connector and have the front 2 speakers play or you can buy something like this

https://www.amazon.com/Optimal-Shop-External-Channel-Surround/dp/B00Q4WQ7XW

And connect it to your laptop via USB cable. And then you will have the 3 outputs

Solution