Connecting a Subwoofer to a Sound Blaster Z sound card

rudi95

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
Hi guys,

So i got my new subwoofer (yamaha yst-fsw050) and my new sound card (SoundBlaster Z) today, My current sound setup is my Monitor Audio BX1 speakers connected to a marantz sr110 (no subwoofer connector).
I want to make a 2.1 system but obviously the subwoofer has a single phono connector and the sound card only has 3.5mm jacks i cant do any testing myself yet as im only home tomorrow night.

Any help you could give me on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Solution
I'm not 100 percent sure it would work but you could try this. Buy a 3.5mm male to RCA adapter. 1 of the 2 RCA ends should be recieving the subwoofer signal and the other the center channel. Plug it into the center/sub connector in the sound card.

Go to sound properties, click the device and configure. hit next and disable the center channel.

nitinvaid20

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013
None of the PC sound card has the output for woofer only
what you can do is connect your speakers in 4 Channel and connect the woofer on other port and in soundblaster settings use surround full 100% see how that goes

Does your Marantz SR 110 has connector for other speakers? channels?

chegalhavara

Commendable
May 7, 2016
What do you mean phono connector? An RCA? If so there are 3.5mm jack to RCA cables.
And on the output options you can set it to 5.1 and turn off the back and center speakers.

rudi95

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012

No unfortunately not because its just a Mini Hifi Amp so only really designed to power 2 speakers

rudi95

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012

Thanks il give that a go i did read that you can connect a normal rca cable but only use say the red one and "mute" the others

PsyKhiqZero

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2008
I'm not 100 percent sure it would work but you could try this. Buy a 3.5mm male to RCA adapter. 1 of the 2 RCA ends should be recieving the subwoofer signal and the other the center channel. Plug it into the center/sub connector in the sound card.

Go to sound properties, click the device and configure. hit next and disable the center channel.

Solution