Solved! Connecting amps to a pre-amp.

Varun_27

Prominent
May 18, 2017
I have a 7.1 pre-amplifier and 3 types of amplifiers for it (1 for centre, 2 for fronts L/R and 4 for rears BR/BL/SR/SL ). How do i connect these amps to the 7.1 pre-amp If,

the PRE-AMPLIFIER OUTPUT ( input for amplifiers) has NO +ve and -ve terminals and each aplifier needs +ve , -ve and / or GND ground terminals along with sound signals ?
For connecting amps to pre-amp from where can I bring +ve and -ve terminals?

Solution
Each amp board has connections for power supply and signal.
The signal connection from the preamp board will be two conductors for each channel that the amp board has. Usually this will be a two conductor coaxial audio wire. Center wire is plug, the shield is minus. You can cut the RCA plugs off of any audio cables and use them.
The +ve - G- -ve connections are for the power supply. Check the specs of the boards. You will need a power supply with plus, ground, and minus connections. It must be within the voltage range specified but not more than the maximum.
The preamp board will also have power supply connections as well as signal output connections.

Varun_27

Prominent
May 18, 2017

Can I send you specificcations as I don't know whether they include models or not?

1 pc (for 2 subwoofers)
TDA8954TH Class D High Power Dual-Channel Digital Audio Amplifier Board 420W x 2

1 pc (for center speaker)
IRS2092S 500W Mono Channel Digital Amplifier Class D HIFI Power Amp Board with FAN

2 pc (for front FL/FR)
High Power TDA8954TH Digital Amplifier Board 420W Mono BTL output HiFi Audio Module DC24V XH- M253 D3-003

2 pc (for surrounds SR/SL)
TDA7293x 2 170W TDA7293 Amplifiers Board Parallel Mono Power Amplifier Board Combinable 2.1 2.0 Amplifier

2 pc (for rears RR/RL)
TPA3116D2 Audio Amplifier Board 120W*2 TPA3116 Stereo Digital Amplifier Chassis Dedicated Pairing DC5-28V

Varun_27

Prominent
May 18, 2017

Okay can you tell me which type of wire do i need which will run from pre-amplifier out to the input of a mono amplifier board having (+ve), (-ve) and GND terminals?

Each amp board has connections for power supply and signal.
The signal connection from the preamp board will be two conductors for each channel that the amp board has. Usually this will be a two conductor coaxial audio wire. Center wire is plug, the shield is minus. You can cut the RCA plugs off of any audio cables and use them.
The +ve - G- -ve connections are for the power supply. Check the specs of the boards. You will need a power supply with plus, ground, and minus connections. It must be within the voltage range specified but not more than the maximum.
The preamp board will also have power supply connections as well as signal output connections.

Solution

Varun_27

Prominent
May 18, 2017

Thanks Americanaudiophile you understand my question right, but i am having only naked board or breadboard of pre-amplifier and finished amplifier boards and want to know the wiring for them.

If you give me a mail ID, I can send pictures of my pre-amp output and my amplifier's input.