connecting aux speaker to surround sound

Tydeocean

Estimable
Mar 12, 2015
Hey,
I'm trying to see if it would be possible to connect a pair of speakers which receives audio through an aux cord to my 5.1 receiver. I would like for all 5 surround sound speakers playing in one room and the other room playing in a adjacent room. The whole point of this is to have the two rooms be in unison wit each other so if their are any other ideas please let me know. I will be using Spotify as my music streamer.

Solution
You won't get an exact answer without makes and models of the receiver and remote speakers.
If the speakers are passive then you can connect them to the B speakers terminals if you have those or you would need an impedance matching speaker selector connected to the front left/right speaker terminals.
If they are self powered speakers then you will need to connect them to a line level record output on the receiver or if you don't have that then you need a speaker to line level converter attached to the same speaker terminals as mentioned above to get audio to the remote speakers.
You won't get an exact answer without makes and models of the receiver and remote speakers.
If the speakers are passive then you can connect them to the B speakers terminals if you have those or you would need an impedance matching speaker selector connected to the front left/right speaker terminals.
If they are self powered speakers then you will need to connect them to a line level record output on the receiver or if you don't have that then you need a speaker to line level converter attached to the same speaker terminals as mentioned above to get audio to the remote speakers.

Solution