Connecting digital audio on a TV

salt417

Estimable
Mar 21, 2015
I have a Sony Bravia TV. It has an outlet labeled "digital audio out (optical)". What type of cable do I need to connect this to a surround sound?

salt417

Estimable
Mar 21, 2015

Thank you that, it helps. Now, with some knowledge I've come to the second part of the problem. I'm connecting an older surround sound that has RCA input. I've looked at adapters but some say they are not compatible with 5.1 channel output. Do you know of any I can use?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Streaming Video & TVs 3
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 4
L Streaming Video & TVs 1
L Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 2
G Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 4
N Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 3
F Streaming Video & TVs 3
I Streaming Video & TVs 4
Similar threads
Question When I connect my hearing aids to my LG TV via Phonax TV connector using the Digital Optical Audio out socket - the TV speakers get cut out.
Solved! How to connect digital optical audio out to amplifier rca
How to connect Samsung optical audio out to Realistic digital synthezised stereo amplifier with RCA jacks right and left lmpu
How do i connect a Sony soundbar with only optical or hdmi arc to a emerson tv that only has a coaxial digital audio out?
TV connected to AVR with digital audio output
how do I connect digital audio out to my panasonic TV
Lg 49lj510m doesn’t have optical digital output port and connecting to older receiver via audio ports on tv to receiver no l
How can I connect my ReSound TV streamer 2 to the optical digital audio out on my LG tv if it is already going to a soundbar (
Connections on my tv audio out
My LED TV has Audio Digital Out and my sony stereo system has CD Optical out. What cables do i need to connect them for enhan
Can i connect my analog RCA audio to digital optical converter
How do I connect a Philips tv to a Yamaha are 1060 sound bar? The tv only has 1 HDMI connector and no opitical digital audio
can you connect a digital converter box to a digital t v to use the audio out on the back of the converter box
How do I connect my tv streamer for my hearing aids to the samsung 9000 tv which does not have a digital audio out!
Connecting Samsung TV, PS4, Cable box, and Soundbar for audio
Connecting multiple audio recorders to AVR
connecting soundbar to toshiba tv with Audio coax lead to sony sound bar with optical digital cablle conneection
Buzzing when Trying to Connect Digital TV with Only Digital Audio Output to an Old Denon Receiver with only RCA Inputs
HDMI board on LG TV gone, want to connect Apple TV with RBG but no sound
Connecting bluray orange digital out to 3.5mm powered speakers

ASK THE COMMUNITY