Connecting external speaker through my PC.

Aug 5, 2014
I have four speaker which are fitted at my ceiling of the my house and I play them through my DVD(5.1 Channel) and Sony music player. Each speaker is having two wires total six wires(connecting). In PC we generally use green port(single port) for our 4.1 or 2.1 or so channel music for computer as common port for all the speakers of the computer . Now I want to connect all my external speakers to the common green port of the PC so that I can get music through my PC to the speakers. Is it possible to do so, if yes, What should I do ?

Solution
The important thing to remember is your speakers will need to be amplified. presumably your DVD system has a standalone receiver, or the dvd player itself will have a built in amplifier. You can get cheap PC sound cards with 5.1 output, and convert one connector type to another no problem but they only output at a line level which is not enough to power speakers. You need to look at what input options you have on whatever is doing the amplifier. Optical "toslink" would be most common.

Urumiko

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013
The important thing to remember is your speakers will need to be amplified. presumably your DVD system has a standalone receiver, or the dvd player itself will have a built in amplifier. You can get cheap PC sound cards with 5.1 output, and convert one connector type to another no problem but they only output at a line level which is not enough to power speakers. You need to look at what input options you have on whatever is doing the amplifier. Optical "toslink" would be most common.

Solution
Aug 5, 2014

Aug 5, 2014
As you have said it needs amplification, that I understand . Is there any devices(like amplifier) in between my PC and speakers so that I can connect the same and get output from my PC to the speakers? My out put option is from PC to the speakers so that I can play all musics from all devices(CD/USB/AUX) through my PC.

zhihao50

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
You should already have an amplifier to power those speaker. Like Urumiko said if its in your DVD system then can't you just route audio from your pc through DVD as pass through?
Is it possible for you to give the model number so people can better help you.

Urumiko

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013
your last message gets a little confusing.. if you are looking to have multiple devices go in to your pc , then back out through the speakers, then yes, all you need is a sound card with many "line inputs" these are more common for people who make music. I think what you might be asking for is a "receiver/amplifier" that also works as a PC coundcard. They do exist http://www.cambridgeaudio.com/products/hifi-and-home-cinema/azur-651a
but its a lot of money to spend when you may just be able to hook your existing amp to the line in/out on your pc, or buy a very cheap soundcard with the correct connectors.

What is the model of your current amp/dvd player?