Connecting LG 4k TV, 4k set top box and LG home theater system

Rahul_131

Commendable
Oct 16, 2016
Hi Guys,

Please help me here. My main objective is to get 5.1 channel surround sound while watching movies using my set top box.

I am from India, mentioning this as the tv home theater and satellite channels may/may not be available or popular in some parts of the world.

I use a LG 4k tv; model is LG 42UB820T. The Home theater i use is LG LHB 625 and i also have a tata sky 4k set top box. The TV and set top box were purchased in 2015 whereas the home theater was purchased a few months back.

The way i have connected all of the above systems are as below

The HDMI from my set top box is connected to the HDMI #3 port of the tv. The HDMI #2 port of the TV (also the arc port) is connected my home theater.

In the user settings, under sound, i have the following options to choose for sound output through HDMI- PCM, Dolby Digital and Dobly Digital Plus. I have selected DD+ among this.

In the TV, under sound settings, i have selected "sound output through HDMI/ARC" as Auto.

In the sound settings menu of the home theater: the sound output, i have selected "Auto". I have option of PCM and DTS Re-encode.

I am getting 5.1 channel sound output is what i feel. The dialogues comes from front speakers and the rear speakers generate mostly the background/filling music.

Is this the best way to connect. I have read many places that PCM is better than DD+. But when i keep the options as PCM, i do get louder sound, but it doesnt provide 5.1 channel. All of the speakers produce the same out put and i cant really distinguish between dialogues and background sound.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 4
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 2
L Streaming Video & TVs 3
S Streaming Video & TVs 9
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 8
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 2
F Streaming Video & TVs 1