Solved! Connecting Logitech MX Sound 2.0 to subwoofer

Jul 11, 2020
Hello.

I've got a pair of self-powered Logitech MX Sound 2.0 front speakers with my desktop PC using the following layout: LEFT SPEAKER -- aux -- RIGHT SPEAKER -- aux -- FRONT OUTPUT (PC).

Now I want to connect a powered subwoofer, the Deltaco DTC 310B, originally from a different 2.1 set, to my system. It got two aux inputs (left and right), which I've been using with a 2-to-1 aux splitter, and two aux outputs (left and right). The outputs are with my current setup not utilized.

How should I connect my subwoofer and the front speakers correctly? Thank you.

Solution
If your PC has an orange Center/Sub audio output jack then you could connect the sub to that and set the PC audio to 2.1 in the audio control of the PC. The sats would connect to the green audio output jack. You would only connect one RCA plug of the orange jack cable to either the left or right sub input. The center channel plug would not be used.
If it only has a green stereo audio output then splitting it and connecting both the sats and the sub to the PC is your only simple option.
If your PC has an orange Center/Sub audio output jack then you could connect the sub to that and set the PC audio to 2.1 in the audio control of the PC. The sats would connect to the green audio output jack. You would only connect one RCA plug of the orange jack cable to either the left or right sub input. The center channel plug would not be used.
If it only has a green stereo audio output then splitting it and connecting both the sats and the sub to the PC is your only simple option.

Solution
Jul 11, 2020
Thanks for your input. I tried doing as you say, except using my two-to-one RCA splitter between the orange output jack of the PC and the left/right inputs of the sub.

It works great. Thanks a lot.