Connecting old stereo to TV and Soundtouch devices

Raphael_18

Prominent
Apr 1, 2017
Hello.

I am asking for advice as this has been a genuine brain teaser so far. There is a lot of information out there but I cannot find the answer to my questions.

So here it is:

I was given an old Marrantz Stereo Model 1050 from the 70s. Actually it sounds really good when playing LPs or listening to the radio. I have also borrowed the Google Chromecas Audio t from a friend and it was working really nice but would not let my TV play through the stereo. I have now returned it.

My stereo only has two auxiliar inputs(1 withe and 1 red) but no optical, nor hdmi or any other aux input.
My TV has auxiliar+ hdmi ARC and jack 3.5
I also have acquired the bose soundtouch 10 which uses both BT and wifi.

How can they talk to one another? I would like both my music and TV to be played on my stereo and have the audio comes out of my Bose soundtouch speaker as well.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Raphael

Solution
If your Bose speaker has an aux input you can split the audio out of the TV and connect both the Marantz and the Bose to it.
It's also possible to connect the Bose to the tape record output of the receiver. That will be fixed level and not be affected but the volume control of the receiver but you would have to have the Marantz on to use the Bose.
You could connect a bluetooth transmitter to the same splitter and pair the Bose speaker with it. Might be easier than a long cable if you want to keep the Bose speaker close to you.
You don't want to use both at the same time. The Marantz will certainly sound better.

Candan

Estimable
Jul 27, 2014
If your TV has a 3.5mm headphone jack, you can get a headphone male plug with 2 RCA (Red and White) on the other end and plug this into your Marantz auxiliary jacks.

Or, I'm sure your TV has RCA out though, and plug these directly into your Marantz audio in.

I don't know much about the Bose unit and the jacks it has, but normally if you plug that into your Marantz headphone jack into your Bose, the action of plugging anything in to your receiver will cut sound to your speakers. What jacks does the Bose have?

If your Bose speaker has an aux input you can split the audio out of the TV and connect both the Marantz and the Bose to it.
It's also possible to connect the Bose to the tape record output of the receiver. That will be fixed level and not be affected but the volume control of the receiver but you would have to have the Marantz on to use the Bose.
You could connect a bluetooth transmitter to the same splitter and pair the Bose speaker with it. Might be easier than a long cable if you want to keep the Bose speaker close to you.
You don't want to use both at the same time. The Marantz will certainly sound better.

Solution