Connecting Panasonic DVDCV51 to LED HDTV

kep55

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
My daughter & her fiance gave us their Westinghouse LD4655VX television. I connected our Panasonic DVDCV51 player to it using the RGB video9 & optical audio connection. Unfortunately, when I play a disc, I get serious buzz on the audio the the video is B/W only. Where would my connections be mucked up? Or is the Panny dying?

Thank you.

kep55

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Correction. I used high quality composite cables. I double checked the connections to make sure the Pr/Pb/Y connections on the Panny matched the Westinhouse. Audio out is a TOS-Link to my 5.1 amp. Beaucoup 60Hz hum on TV. The pic is B/W with either disc or on-screen menus.

If you are only getting black and white, you have the connections wrong or the cable is bad or there is an issue with the jacks not working.

Some TVs have issues with audio, I have a Vizio TV that has a buzzing from the speakers, I just got a used soundbar and that works fine.

kep55

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Stupid me, the one unit uses composite and the other uses component, even tho' both have the same identifiers on the connectors. I switched the cabes on the deck and all is well.