Connecting Philips Soundbar to LG TV

gatesy0093

Commendable
Jan 18, 2017
Hi all.

I have a LG 49UH668V telly and a Philips HTL 5140 Soundbar.

When trying to connect them via HDMI ARC I can get all the way to the sound test and no sound comes through (yes, all the settings on the telly and soundbar are correct for HDMI ARC)

I have a brand new HDMI 2.0 cable as well so there is nothing I can really think of as to why it wont work...

I do understand that I can pair them with an optical cable which I have tried but I find that no matter what, whether I tinker with the sound delay on the telly or the soundbar or both together I cannot for the life of me get the sound to sync, which really does my head in because I can notice it right away...

which is why I would like to try connecting them via HDMI ARC to see if this will fix the bizarre sound sync.

Thank you, Joe

gatesy0093

Commendable
Jan 18, 2017
UPDATE:

I unplugged all the connections from the telly and left in the sound bar and voilà! it connected through the HDMI ARC
Then I plugged in my PS4 and all the sound went through the soundbar as expected.
I then plugged in my telly and it dropped the connection instantly and the HDMI ARC symbol on the soundbar just flashes (which indicates it has no connection)
I'm so confused haha. The telly is an Openbox V8S which I have just fully reset and set it all back up again and still no luck??
Not sure if everytime i want to use the sound bar im going to have to unplug the telly? or i can spend another £5 on another brand new HDMI 2.0 cable and put that in for the openbox and the telly as that's the only connection with an old HDMI cable??

Any help?