Connecting regular speakers to PC

tomkis90

Estimable
Jul 1, 2014
Good day,
So I got these older speakers, that still sound good but they only got this kind of wires
I've been doing quite a bit of googling but I still figured i could ask you guys.

What would be the best / cheapest way to connect these to my computer?

Solution

That would work, as you just need something for amplification. After that it...

tomkis90

Estimable
Jul 1, 2014

Getting something from amazon to my country is pretty difficult and the shipping costs quite a bit so i was wondering if i could just use something like this jvc ax-211
I could connect the speakers to it and its pretty old so i could get it for like $10.
Just that would this connect to my pc?

Mr5oh

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2004

That would work, as you just need something for amplification. After that it depends on what kind of inputs are on the back of that receiver / amplifier. Usually they are RCA so you just need a 3.5mm to RCA converter. The 3.5mm would go to the PC output, the RCAs to the receiver. Usually I can find these adapter locally for a few dollars.

I know you said you can't use Amazon, but here is an example: Link, 3.5 mm to RCA

Solution

tomkis90

Estimable
Jul 1, 2014
On the back it has these I'n not very familiar with these kind of amps.
I found some sort of manual but im still pretty lost on how to connect such a thing.

EDIT: I know a local shop that sells all kinds of different cables, so im sure i can get anything i need there.

You just need a cable that looks like this

New-6-5Ft-2M-font-b-3-5mm-b-font-Male-Jack-to-font-b-AV.jpg

Its called a 3.5mm to rca phono cable

I wasn't suggesting buying from amazon.... it was just to show you the type of units available for your application as many of these units cater specifically to PCs and will have the appropriate connector points., Of course it depends on what sound outputs you have on your Motherboard or sound card. Most on board sound today has 6 OFC audio jacks

tomkis90

Estimable
Jul 1, 2014
So i connect my speakers to the amp, then connect one end of the 3.5mm to rca phono cable to the highlighted place in the picture and the end to my pc? and i should be all good to go right?

EDIT: my pcs audio specs are these:
• Realtek® ALC1150 Codec
- 7.1-Channel High Definition Audio
- Supports S/PDIF output

Mr5oh

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2004
It doesn't necessarily need to be plugged into "phono", you could plug it into any of those ports you would flip the receiver to that item. Yes though you can plug it into your PC then into the receiver and will be good to go.