Solved! Connecting Rode smartLav+ microphone to Asus UX303LA-C4320H Conundrum

Oct 15, 2021
Hi!

So here's the backstory. I'll try keep it short. Needed a simple microphone that could connect to my laptop. Did some quick research, came across Rode smartLav+ by watching this video. Video mentioned it could connect to laptops and I thought great. Bought it. Plugged it in. It did not work. :eek: I should have done more research about my laptop and microphones before jumping the gun. Very stupid of me.

This is a picture of my laptop's ports from the user guide. I'm guessing my laptop does not support the TRRS connection found on the microphone. Here's my question. If I buy an adapter like this or this or this will I be able use the microphone on my laptop? If not, are there any other things I could do so I can connect it? I just want to make absolutely sure before I go buying stuff again.

Thanks in advance,
RollingHamster

Solution
My bad! I couldn't tell from the image quality of what you posted earlier.

I would think that any of the items you suggested earlier would work the same way as the USB C version I suggested, assuming the mic works properly.

Sorry for my confusion.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

I would think that any of the items you suggested earlier would work the same way as the USB C version I suggested, assuming the mic works properly.

Sorry for my confusion.

Solution
Oct 15, 2021

Sorry for my confusion.
Thanks for the advice. I went ahead and bought it. I'll report back when I finish testing it. I hope it's a simple plug and play kind of thing.