Connecting samsung soundbar to poleroid tv

Feb 23, 2018
I have a Samsung soundbar with the following connections.
1 Optical connector.
2 HDMI in.
3 HDMI OUT
4 Aux in
I wish to connect it to a Poleroid tv with the following connections.
1 HDMI 1 (Sky box)
2 HDMI 2 (Blue ray)
3 Co-Ax (TV)
4 Scart connector.
5 Headphone socket.
6 3.5 mm socket
The only way I can find to connect the two is to run an Aux lead from the headphone socket (T.V.) to the Aux in (soundbar)
My question is am l getting the best quality from my soundbar using this method, and if not how ele can l connect the two.

Solution
Using the word quality and soundbar is almost an oxymoron.

The way you have it hooked up is fine because unless your soundbar comes with rear speakers then it cant actually provide surround sound anyways

The optical connection will provide better audio, but that is only assuming the soundbar can do anything with it above what it can do with stereo (which with no model number we have no way to know that).
Either way, your Polaroid TV does not have any other means of audio out anyways.
If your soundbar does have wireless speakers and you want to have actual surround sound then you will need to get an hdmi switch box, connect your devices to that, connect it to the HDMI In of soundbar, and then connect HDMI Out of soundbar to TV.
Using the word quality and soundbar is almost an oxymoron.

The way you have it hooked up is fine because unless your soundbar comes with rear speakers then it cant actually provide surround sound anyways

The optical connection will provide better audio, but that is only assuming the soundbar can do anything with it above what it can do with stereo (which with no model number we have no way to know that).
Either way, your Polaroid TV does not have any other means of audio out anyways.
If your soundbar does have wireless speakers and you want to have actual surround sound then you will need to get an hdmi switch box, connect your devices to that, connect it to the HDMI In of soundbar, and then connect HDMI Out of soundbar to TV.

Solution
You could add an HDMI input selector.
Your sources would connect to that with HDMI. It would connect to the soundbar HDMI input. The soundbar HDMI output goes to the TV.
That would allow for the highest quality audio to go to the soundbar.
Then it would depend on whether or not the soundbar is capable of better performance with a digital input than an analog input. If the soundbar can process lossless audio codecs like Dolby TrueHD there would be some improvement on BD discs.