Connecting SKY HD box to bluetooth speaker

Oct 19, 2018
I am looking to buy a bluetooth speaker to play music from my phone around various rooms in the house. The speaker Im thinking of buying is the Logitech UE Boom2 which I know has a AUX input

So my question is, can I output sound from my SKY HD box or tv to the bluetooth speaker by connecting a cable to the AUX input on the speaker? If not possible from the SKY HD box, what output connections would I need on the TV to be able to do so? I think the TV is an old Philips 42PFL8404 and I think it has a headphone out and Audio L/R out connections

The TV is currently connected to SKYHD box with HDMI conenctor

I'm only asking if this is possible as I believe the bluetooth speaker may produce better sound than my curent TV speakers, albeit I know I'll only have stereo sound output as I doubt the speaker can replicate 5.1 surround sound

Solution
Connect the analog audio output to the aux input of the speaker and try it.
If you have one speaker you will get mono not stereo.
If you have two speakers you would have to connect them with two cables only using 1 RCA of each to the TV.
If the TV audio output is fixed you will have to adjust the volume at the speakers.
If you use the headphone output instead that will be controlled by the TV remote but you have to be careful not to turn it up to loud. That would cause distortion regardless of how loud you have the speaker itself turned up.
Connect the analog audio output to the aux input of the speaker and try it.
If you have one speaker you will get mono not stereo.
If you have two speakers you would have to connect them with two cables only using 1 RCA of each to the TV.
If the TV audio output is fixed you will have to adjust the volume at the speakers.
If you use the headphone output instead that will be controlled by the TV remote but you have to be careful not to turn it up to loud. That would cause distortion regardless of how loud you have the speaker itself turned up.

Solution