Connecting soundbar to TV but TV has no RCA ports

ChrisDFW1

Estimable
Mar 17, 2014
I just bought a Sharp HT-SB250 soundbar for my 65'' LG Smart TV. The soundbar only has RCA inputs but my TV has no RCA outputs. Would a cable with RCA on one end and HDMI on other work or do I need some kind of adapter?

Solution
if the tv has a optical fiber output, spdif some call it

you can buy this

https://www.amazon.com/ViewHD-Converter-Simultaneous-Headphone-VHD-D2AC/dp/B007KXI2R8

on one side enters the spdif cable comming form the tv, on the other side you have stereo jack or rca jack, use one of those

remember that this can add some delay in the audio, so you must play with settings on the tv, audio delay

if the tv doesn't have spdif, probably has a hdmi port called hdmi arc

that is a port to retunr audio to a device like that, if the device has hdmi input

LilDog1291

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
If you can find such a cable give it a shot but since RCA connections are analog and HDMI is digital, more than likely you will need an active adapter. Can't recommend any though since I haven't seen an RCA output device since my childhood days.

Eximo

Distinguished
Herald
I can't even get that product to show up on any of Sharp's terrible websites.

In the Amazon review someone mentioned a Mini cable, no idea what that is, worth a shot.

HDMI or Optical are the other usual options.

To be honest, get a matching brand soundbar, usually the remotes will be compatible which is quite nice.

atljsf

Estimable
Jun 17, 2015
if the tv has a optical fiber output, spdif some call it

you can buy this

https://www.amazon.com/ViewHD-Converter-Simultaneous-Headphone-VHD-D2AC/dp/B007KXI2R8

on one side enters the spdif cable comming form the tv, on the other side you have stereo jack or rca jack, use one of those

remember that this can add some delay in the audio, so you must play with settings on the tv, audio delay

if the tv doesn't have spdif, probably has a hdmi port called hdmi arc

that is a port to retunr audio to a device like that, if the device has hdmi input

Solution