Connecting speaker to westinghouse tv

Marie1600

Estimable
Jul 3, 2015
I am trying to connect my klipsch speaker to my westinghouse 50" tv, the cord I have is aux at one end and red and white on the other, I can't get the sound from the tv to come through the speaker

Solution
first you need to specify what you meant by "klipsh speaker". did you mean speaker system (a home theater in a box for example)? or did you actually mean a speaker (and powered with AC cord or unpowered)?

also specify what you mean by aux.

--

my take upon reading this is that you are connecting to the tv via a 3.5mm and have that going to rca red/white going to some manner of home theater system. if this is correct i'd make sure of three things:

-headphone port is enabled in your tv settings
-you are using the correct input on your home theater
-you are connected to the headphone jack or an ouput (and not an aux input)

popatim

Splendid
Not many tv's have audio out thru rca jacks.
If you speaker is not an amplified speaker connecting to a tv's rca jack wouldnt do you any good anyways. Those would be line level outputs which would normally feed an amplified to which you would connect the speakers to

first you need to specify what you meant by "klipsh speaker". did you mean speaker system (a home theater in a box for example)? or did you actually mean a speaker (and powered with AC cord or unpowered)?

also specify what you mean by aux.

--

my take upon reading this is that you are connecting to the tv via a 3.5mm and have that going to rca red/white going to some manner of home theater system. if this is correct i'd make sure of three things:

-headphone port is enabled in your tv settings
-you are using the correct input on your home theater
-you are connected to the headphone jack or an ouput (and not an aux input)

Solution