Connecting subwoofer and speakers

Vijay29

Commendable
Aug 8, 2016
Hello,

I am trying to connect my two bookshelf speakers and a subwoofer. I have connected an RCA cable from the audio source to "low level input" on the subwoofer. My question is, can I then connect from subwoofer's "High Level Out" to speakers using speaker wire? Or does it only work if I have subwoofer's "High Level In" connected?

Makes and model numbers would help us help you with a specific answer.
You will need a power amp for the bookshelf speakers.
The subwoofer has an amp for itself but not one for your bookshelf speakers. The high level input would be from an amp. The subwoofer would tap off that for a line level input to the sub amp and pass through the power to the speakers via the high level outputs.
If your source doesn't have a volume control you will need one in the amp.

Vijay29

Commendable
Aug 8, 2016
Thank you all for replies.

Unfortunately, I could not find a make or model for this subwoofer. Please check the image below which shows inputs/outputs in the rear of the subwoofer.

http://imgur.com/a/0RQhB

As you can see, I have my source (RCA) going to low level input on subwoofer. So I suppose, the "To Speakers" can't be used to connect my speakers?

If I need an amp for my speakers to work, could you guys suggest any cheap ones that will work with my speakers? The speakers I have are B&W DS6 (100W)

Thank you

Philbobaggins11347

Commendable
May 31, 2016
Bookshelf speakers? I looked up your model and found a set up surround speakers. Surround speakers usually means you should have the other speakers, such as the center and left and right speakers somewhere?