Connecting subwoofer to active pc speakers

Feb 13, 2018
Hi,

I want to connect my bose companion2 series III to a subwoofer, the boses are connected via a 3.5mm audio jack. Is there anyway possible to connect them maybe to the
Yamaha YST-SW012?

Kind regard Timon
ps. im really new to this and dont know alot about audio.

Feb 13, 2018
The speakers are connected to my laptop via a 3.5mm jacket this link is the backside of the right speaker: https://www.google.nl/search?q=bose+companion+2+series+iii&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjkvaPi_afZAhWKZFAKHZ76ACUQ_AUICygC&biw=1920&bih=1012#imgrc=6DSCwS1Ifxw5oM:

Feb 26, 2018
I was actually just searching for this same issue.

Jay, I've thought about your solution, but would that result in a degradation of quality? I've read that splitting the signal that way reduces the output. Do you know if that's true?

wingnut...splitting the signal doesn't reduce quality, but can reduce level IF the source isn't strong enough or IF the impedance of the sink is too low.

In general, this isn't the case.

So yes....it CAN reduce the output level....but generally it doesn't and even if it does a little, the amp generally makes up for it.

Sep 18, 2018

Can you explain what exactly we are going to do with those adapters?

I have a pair of Logitech stereo computer speakers (the kind that plugs in via 1 3.5mm) and I want to connect em to my Logitech X540 sub.

Feb 26, 2018

It looks like you wouldn't need any adapters. All you need is a 3.5mm splitter. Run one side of the splitter to your speakers and one to your sub in the "center/sub" input.

Apr 2, 2019

It looks like you wouldn't need any adapters. All you need is a 3.5mm splitter. Run one side of the splitter to your speakers and one to your sub in the "center/sub" input.
I don't think I understand what kind of e.5 mm splitter you are talking about, do you think you could help me find one? Or is this https://www.amazon.ca/3-5mm-Female-Earphone-Audio-Splitter/dp/B00S0RWKAS what Iam looking for?