Connecting subwoofer to PC

agustinromero

Estimable
Jan 8, 2016
So i have a JBl creature II whose speakers don't work anymore: https://www.google.com.ar/search?q=jbl+creature+II&rlz=1C1ASUM_enAR675AR675&tbm=isch&imgil=riV6cM0SodW5kM%253A%253B1hb0jMj06roB1M%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.productreview.com.au%25252Fp%25252Fjbl-creature-ii.html&source=iu&pf=m&fir=riV6cM0SodW5kM%253A%252C1hb0jMj06roB1M%252C_&usg=__AzD9twXoFBjDYVOl7csAmlRdVO4%3D&biw=1745&bih=890&ved=0ahUKEwjk9seCzfrKAhWEIZAKHQY9BbYQyjcILw&ei=JzTCVqTHJ4TDwASG-pSwCw#imgrc=riV6cM0SodW5kM%3A

I'm using a brookstone idesign stack as my PC speakers but they don't have ANY bass sound.

So is there a way to use only the JBL's sub and the other speakers?

Brookstone is all wired up, you can't unplug the speakers from the "central controller"

On the other hand JBLs speakers can be detached. In this set the Subwoofer works also as the main control (both speakers are connected to it and this is the one connected to the pc)

So is there a way to work this out?

Please ask me any other information you need to answer my question.

Thanks a lot!!

Solution
You can connect the JBL subwoofer to the subwoofer out on your PC. The Brookstones stay connected to the front stereo out.
If your don't have a sub out split the output so you can connect both the sub and speakers to the same output on the PC.
Set the PC for 2,1 and adjust the level of the sub until you like the balance.
If the JBL has a separate sub input use that. If not connect to the left or right input (or both with a y connector).
You can connect the JBL subwoofer to the subwoofer out on your PC. The Brookstones stay connected to the front stereo out.
If your don't have a sub out split the output so you can connect both the sub and speakers to the same output on the PC.
Set the PC for 2,1 and adjust the level of the sub until you like the balance.
If the JBL has a separate sub input use that. If not connect to the left or right input (or both with a y connector).

Solution