Solved! Connecting Toshiba TV to Spectrum Cable Box and Bose Speaker

Oct 9, 2018
Help! How can I connect my Toshiba TV, Spectrum Cable box and Bose speaker so that the TV sound runs through the speaker? Other responses say to make a connection into the speaker then out of the speaker into the TV but the speaker only has one connection point - audio in. No audio out.

Thank you.

Solution
If your only source is the cable box then you can connect the audio output of the cable box or the audio output of the TV to the Bose speaker. If you have other sources connected to the TV then you will need to connect the Bose to the TV audio output.
Without model numbers we can't know what audio outputs and inputs you have. You may need a digital to analog converter to connect the TV or cable box to the Bose.
I am assuming that your Bose isn't a passive speaker.
If your only source is the cable box then you can connect the audio output of the cable box or the audio output of the TV to the Bose speaker. If you have other sources connected to the TV then you will need to connect the Bose to the TV audio output.
Without model numbers we can't know what audio outputs and inputs you have. You may need a digital to analog converter to connect the TV or cable box to the Bose.
I am assuming that your Bose isn't a passive speaker.

Solution