Connecting TV to sound bar..

Mar 3, 2018
Is it possible to connect an LG tv (49lg5400) to a RCA sound bar (RTS7015B)? And if so, what kind of cable would I need? I have a TOSLink cable, but that doesn't seem to be the right one. Senior citizen here, and am totally confused.. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
From what I can see, no.
You would need a receiver that supports everything you normally connect to the TV..with all those inputs thru it (and a single out to the TV), and an audio out of the receiver to the soundbar. For the cost of the soundbar, it may not be worth it.
Mar 3, 2018

Thanks for taking time to answer. I appreciate it. So, it's not possible at all then, correct?

dudio

Admirable
From what I can see, no.
You would need a receiver that supports everything you normally connect to the TV..with all those inputs thru it (and a single out to the TV), and an audio out of the receiver to the soundbar. For the cost of the soundbar, it may not be worth it.

Solution
Mar 3, 2018
Thank you so much for your time and research on this for me, dudio. I went to the LG website a few minutes ago to try to find out what I could, and there were several complaints about this tv not having any audio outs. Shame it's like that because this is an otherwise GREAT tv with a beautiful picture. The sound on it is not bad.. actually better than most I've tried, but I wanted to enhance it with a sound bar for watching movies. Again, thank you for your help. Have a great night!