Connecting Yamaha YSP 2200 Soundbar to TV

dbuk2000

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
Hi

I got this Yamaha YSP 2200 soundbar yesterday and stuck at step one.

I first connected it via the hdmi ARC into the tv but it doesnt recognise any input. It shows up that there is an HDMI connected but just says their is no input once I click into the HDMI input on the tv.

However in the instructions it says for step I need to use the video input cable. They dont say exactly what the cable is but I figured its an RCA cable. I bought one from Amazon. Male to male lead and one end does fit into the soundbar, but there is no slot in the TV. The only slot in the tv where it says video input looks like its the same slot that is used for earphones.

Can anyone help on what cable I need to buy, has anyone been in this position before.

Thanks

Solution
Without the make and model of the TV we can't check what kind of audio outputs it has
Does the TV has an HDMI input labeled ARC?
If not it doesn't support ARC and you can't use that.
If it does then you plug the HDMI out of the soundbar into that HDMI input on the TV. You don't select that input as your source on the TV. You select what you want to watch on the TV. You do have to turn ARC on in the TV setup menu so it will know to send audio to the soundbar. Select ARC as your source on the soundbar..
You may have to turn on any audio outputs that the TV has. You may also have to turn the TV speakers off and change the audio output type in the TV menu. The TV manual should have this info in it.
Without the make and model of the TV we can't check what kind of audio outputs it has
Does the TV has an HDMI input labeled ARC?
If not it doesn't support ARC and you can't use that.
If it does then you plug the HDMI out of the soundbar into that HDMI input on the TV. You don't select that input as your source on the TV. You select what you want to watch on the TV. You do have to turn ARC on in the TV setup menu so it will know to send audio to the soundbar. Select ARC as your source on the soundbar..
You may have to turn on any audio outputs that the TV has. You may also have to turn the TV speakers off and change the audio output type in the TV menu. The TV manual should have this info in it.

Solution