Connection DVD Player to TV, help!

nwgamelover

Honorable
May 25, 2014
I just went out and bought an inexpensive DVD player, and it has the cables that are red, white & yellow. No HDMI slot so that's not an option. My TV is a:

Sanyo 32" LCD 720p 60Hz HDTV | DP32242 (see photo of connecting ports below)

The DVD Player is a Sanyo FWDP105F (also photo below of connections)

If someone could help me figure out (or tell me if they already know) which color on the TV can be used as the Yellow connection. I think it is the Green but I didn't try it, I just boxed everything up when I realized the cords (colors) didn't match. I don't want to unwrap it again unless I am sure it can be hooked up to my TV.

Any help would be appreciated, Denise

TV%20connections.png
DVD%20connections.png

weberdarren97

Estimable
Aug 10, 2015
Use the top one labeled Y/VIDEO for the yellow cable, and put the red and white audio connectors in their respective connectors.

This would be a composite connection, but may not be listed that way in your TV's input menu. If it doesn't list composite, select component.

nwgamelover

Honorable
May 25, 2014

Hi Darren, wow, so nice of you to help me! I kept wondering if the Y meant yellow, LOL!! Yes, it's listed as component!! Can't thank you enough. I'll go ahead and take the dang thing outa the box again then;) Thank you again, Denise:)

weberdarren97

Estimable
Aug 10, 2015
Some things are in color and others are in black and white?

Please disconnect the cables from the TV and the player. Wet a corner of a paper towel and use it to clean off the connectors on the devices, just blow off the connectors on the cables themselves. Let it dry and retry making the connection.

nwgamelover

Honorable
May 25, 2014

No, still in Black and White Darren.

weberdarren97

Estimable
Aug 10, 2015
Do you have another composite cable lying around? If so, try another cable. Even if you have a component cable (three video, two audio), you can use your choice of cable for video, but use the correct cables for audio.

If you don't have any, they can be had at the local Walmart for not even $5.

nwgamelover

Honorable
May 25, 2014

Thanks Darren, decided to return the DVD Player and get one that has HDMI, it was easier for me, thank you for trying to help me, I do appreciate it;) denise