Solved! connection soundbar to tv

suguess

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017
Hi, I'm trying to connect my Sony HTCT370 soundbar to a Thorn 42inch TV (Model: 55THL3DS1)

The probllem is the only output on the Thorn TV is a Coaxial Audio Output Jack, then I have the problem which port do I link it to on the Soundbar?

I've tried direct leads from the Thorns Coax port to the HTC's Analogue In Jack, but this didn't seem to work for me.

Does anyone have any suggestions or can point me in the right direction?

Thank you.

Solution
You have to pay attention whether the coax audio is DIGITAL or ANALOG, they cannot be mixed, even if the connector is the same (RCA type). How can you tell? well, ofttimes is LABELED. Digital=SPDIF=AC3. Another way you can tell a DIGITAL COAX is one single connector, ANALOG comes in pair for L+R.

U can buy Digital to Analog converter, but anytime you do that, you get STEREO only, you lost surround.
You have to pay attention whether the coax audio is DIGITAL or ANALOG, they cannot be mixed, even if the connector is the same (RCA type). How can you tell? well, ofttimes is LABELED. Digital=SPDIF=AC3. Another way you can tell a DIGITAL COAX is one single connector, ANALOG comes in pair for L+R.

U can buy Digital to Analog converter, but anytime you do that, you get STEREO only, you lost surround.

Solution