Constant FPS changes on my gaming laptop.

Brandon2704

Estimable
Apr 6, 2014
Hello there!

I've recently purchased a HP Omen 15 (ce0xx) Gaming Laptop as I thought it would come in handy in travelling uses. Little did I know, I've encountered a rather frustrating issue that some of my games just won't run well on it even though specifications are met (e.g: Rainbow Six: Siege, Star Wars: Battlefront II)

For instance, on my very first gameplay, the FPS on Rainbow Six: Siege ran really well (70 - 80) but during my 2nd day of gameplay, the FPS locked itself on 30 - 45 FPS. Making it really choppy for me to play. I really have no idea why. Besides that, I've tested a few other games but they ran fine, just the FPS was locked at 60.

I've tried updating my drivers, low graphics settings, checked my V-Sync but no luck.

Any fixes for my issue as it gets really frustrating at times. Any way to unlock the FPS lock or fix the FPS drops?

Thank you.

Laptop Specifications:
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1050 (4GB)
RAM: 8GB
Display Refresh Rate: 60 Hz

Solution

that's weird ram usage, how about checking in task manager while you play? if you already tried all fixes method and those methods still don't work, then the best possible way is to do re install of the windows, so you get fresh os running

Brandon2704

Estimable
Apr 6, 2014
Everything went well on the first day but things started falling apart on the second day. I tried reverting the drivers and I have done clean installs for multiple graphic drivers.

I used RTSS on Battlefront 2 and I noticed there were 2 RAM Usage display (6000+MB, 11000MB+). What do you think?

nvincent_08

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016

that's weird ram usage, how about checking in task manager while you play? if you already tried all fixes method and those methods still don't work, then the best possible way is to do re install of the windows, so you get fresh os running

Solution