Solved! Constant FPS Drops from ASUS Gaming Laptop

Oct 19, 2018
I have an ASUSFX503VM gaming laptop, which has really good specs and should be able to run just about anything. I think it has a GTX 1070, it definately has 4 cores, 8 processors and 16gigs of ram. Its build to play any modern game flawlessly, but I can't even run fallout 4, dark souls 3, no mans sky or any semi-modern game on the lowest settings without a 30 fps drop every 5 minutes. It plays smoothly and perfeclty on max settings for 5 minutes, then drops to 15 frames for 5 minutes.

I have CAM and monitor the heat of the cpu and gpu, which while idle is at about 50 or 60 Celsius, then when gaming it pushes 70. CAM also shows no fan motion at all, which is super wierd. Speedfan can't detect any either, but when I look at my computer, I can see the fans moving. I have a cooling pad that sits under my computer too.

What the hell is going on?

*update* I can see now that every time the FPS drops from 60 to 30, my GPU suddenly skyrockets to 99% usage, then down to 0, then back up to 99. I've searched all over the internet and I cannot for the life of me understand it.