imapaladin

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
Hello,
I finished putting together my parts a few days ago for my new computer, and I noticed that after I installed bitmeter 2, there's this constant 1.4kb/s usage every 2 seconds or so.

It's my first time using Windows 7, so I don't know if the culprit is Windows, or maybe the MOBO constantly checking for internet connection.(?)

I seriously doubt it's malware or something like that, because all I installed are drivers, AV, and some applications that I use(nothing shady). I even tried reinstalling windows again a few times and it still does this.
Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebyte's Anti-malware don't detect anything.

I also tried googling this issue, but couldn't find the issue related to mine.

I need to use bitmeter because my ISP limit data usage, so I need to monitor it carefully. Seeing this constant little usage is kind of annoying lol.

Please help!

imapaladin

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011

Thank you for the reply.

I took a look at the network monitor, and the only processes with network activity are system and svchost.exe(Network Service).
Sometimes svchost.exe(localservicenetworkrestricted) and svchost.exe(localserviceandnoimpersonation).
All of them keep appearing and disappearing regularly.
Networking tab in task manager show 0% usage even when they show up in the resource monitor.

Do you know how to stop these?

I'll try googling them while waiting for your answer.

imapaladin

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011

Nope...it's not Media Center nor Windows update. I tried disabling both of them and it still does this.
I don't see any other solutions to this problem on google...*sigh
Guess I'll keep looking.