Consumer Reports Finds AT&T as Worst Carrier

Status
Not open for further replies.

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
[citation][nom]dogman_1234[/nom]What, a monopoly is a bad provider? Shocking *sarcasm*[/citation]
Really wish people would understand that alot of that is the iphone itself, it's just a bad phone. Take a look at other smart phones from At&t you don't get nearly as many dropped connections and issues as you do with the iphone. There is also the thing of At&t would like to build more towers esp in urban area's but people don't want it built near them which begs the question to why are they complaining about shitty service.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
ok let me tell you, 1 in a thousand dropped calls is a lot...let's say that AT&T has 10 million customers, that's 10 thousand customers which will have their calls dropped every minute...that's very bad

G

no its 10 million customers who will have 1 in 1000 calls dropped...doesnt sound as bad that way does it?

tigsounds

Distinguished
May 29, 2010
We take this seriously and we continually look for new ways to improve the customer experience (payout).

Data caps are based on a lie.
Verizon turned on their so-called 4g this past week, AT&T soon. How nice to use your entire month's data allotment in less than 30 minutes. All these capped providers are drooling over the expected "overage" charges. Everybody should dump their data plans for at least one month and not re-connect until the caps come off.

maurath55

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
its with in 1/10 of a percent of who ever has the least dropped calls so say if sprint has 1.4% of their calls dropped than at&t has1.5% dropped calls. but i think it is the iphone itself. some are just bad. i am on my second one. the first one dropped so many that they gave me a new one.(both are 3g) and have the second one for two years. with basically no dropped calls. I would think more would complain about their lack of 3g service. in 3g coverage the speed is great. but if you have to use edge it will bring it to a crawl.

cp8427

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2010
Hrmm.. Crap service, always overcharging, somehow tackling unknown fees every pay cycle- thus the only way to avoid these "fees" is by calling them and complaining for 3 hours at a time with three different representatives before you're directed to call 3 other numbers before you can talk to a supervisor, tiered data plans (even for uncapped service), and I can keep going but I'm sure everyone already knows what I'm going to say next.

feeddagoat

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
Surprisingly, U.S. Cellular, which doesn't the entire nation yet, ranked at the top with a score of 82 overall.

Small mistake in the 2nd last paragraph.

I would love the see the UK version of this. Everyone I know loves O2 yet Ive had nothing but pain with them from overcharges, failure to offer services (online back up doesn't work and most of their "treats" don't apply to northern Ireland) and their customer services spend the whole of November and December crashing at exactly 12pm. Bloody useless service!

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
who uses a phone?
have you ever had a call that you needed to take while you were shopping?
you ever get a call that couldn't be sent as an email?
get a land line and a answering machine. that way you dont miss a call if you absolutely need a phone.

i mean hell what does an iphone cost? 3600$+ when you take the contract into consideration? while a land line costs 120-240$ a year if you need it or hell, just use email and save yourself a metric- -ton of money

Kahless01

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
im betting most of tmobiles low ranking is from their spotty service. i love tmobile but i dont get 3g in a few of the towns i travel/work in. it was also spotty reception at my old house. if they could expand their coverage by about 10% they might take first. my 3g speeds on my phone outrun my friends evo 4g.

Status
Not open for further replies.