Conversion from optical signal

Cpt_Kuno

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013
I'm in need of help!

I've got at new TV which only allows for external speakers to be connected through an optical cable. The TV also only appears to transmit the digital signal in PCM.

My speakers have no optical input, so therefore i bought an optical to coax, single channel, converter box. This setup produces nothing other than white noise...

I couldn't seem to find any information as to wether this was due to an incompatability between the box and the signal type.

Any words of advise, or suggestions to converters that should be able to handle this signal?

Thank you.

Solution
It sounds like you got the wrong kind of converter. The one you describe converts optical digital to coax digital. It would have an optical input and a single RCA digital output.
You need one that converts optical digital to analog. It would have optical and coax digital inputs and 2 RCA analog audio outputs.
It sounds like you got the wrong kind of converter. The one you describe converts optical digital to coax digital. It would have an optical input and a single RCA digital output.
You need one that converts optical digital to analog. It would have optical and coax digital inputs and 2 RCA analog audio outputs.

Solution

Cpt_Kuno

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013
That might be true, thank you for the reply, however the reason for buying the single channel converter is that the speakers actually only accept a 3.5mm jack input, for which i've bought a single RCA to 3.5mm adapter. So perhaps i need a new converter and a dual RCA to 3.5mm adapter?